- Ergonomics is a science concerned with the ‘fit’ between people and their work.
- It puts people first, taking account of their capabilities and limitations.
- Ergonomics aims to make sure that tasks, equipment, information and the environment suit each worker.
- the job being done and the demands on the worker
- the equipment used, its size, shape, and how appropriate it is for the task
- the information used, how it is presented, accessed, and changed
- the physical environment, temperature, humidity, lighting, noise and vibration
- the social environment such as teamwork and supportive management
- the senses, especially vision, hearing and touch
- the stresses and strains on muscles, joints and nerves
- Reduces accidents and ill health and increases productivity by fitting the task to the worker
- At Healthwork Connections we can assess these aspects of people, their jobs, equipment and working
environment and the interaction between them to design safe, effective and productive work systems.