How is a Clinical Psychologist Different to Other 'Helping Professionals'?

The training is different. Typically it involves the completion of an undergraduate three-year degree in Psychology, a year or more working in the Psychology field, and a further three-year Clinical Psychology doctoral post-graduate degree. This second degree involves attending academic teaching, completing research, and working in the NHS with a wide variety of client groups, across the whole life course, with presenting problems that reflect the full range of clinical severity. Clinical psychologists must then apply for registration with the Health Professions Council (HPC) and can apply to become chartered by the British Psychological Society (BPS).

Contact us

For all enquires please telephone: 01257 232000


The Chorley Clinic

1 Mayfield Road



PR6 0DG  


Map >>


Social Networks

Follow our up to date news also on our Facebook page:

The Chorley Clinic 

Print Print | Sitemap
© The Chorley Clinic